Friday, January 27, 2012

Hmm...

Howdy friends!
I hope things have been going well with you all! It has been just plain nuts with my schedule, and I am looking forward to a weekend of not doing a whole lot. Yay! I think I will work on my orange and pink blanket and hopefully get quite a bit done. I am getting to the point where I am just getting bored with it. Does that happen with anyone else? I hope it's not just me! I said I was going to crochet a bunch of blocks up and then sew them all together, right? Well, that didn't pan out. No matter WHAT I did, the damn things just WOULD NOT match up in size! I counted each stitch and every row, made sure I wasn't crocheting too tight or too loose. I wasted SO much yarn just trying to get the blocks to be the same sizes. Hrmph... So, I just went with the same old stripey goodness. I have to say it's turning out pretty cute! Wanna see? Okay! (Hold on. Let me take a picture of it real quick.)
Here you go!
Isn't it cute?! I know, it seems kind of small, but I compared it with a friend's baby blanket, and it was the same width. I just love the colors together, it's so bright and cheerful! I just can't wait to be done with it. I think the next time I try to do blocks for a blanket, I try knitting them. I hope that will work to get a more uniform size... Anyways, I can't remember if I told you in the last post, but I am using a stitch called the Tunisian cross stitch. It's such a pretty stitch, and it's fairly easy to do! It can get a tad tedious if you are doing a project of this size and bigger, so if you are going to do a project in this stitch, keep that in mind. :)

I also mentioned that I was going to belly dance garage sale a few weekends ago. It was GREAT!! There were SO many great things and for REALLY good prices! I REALLY tried getting pictures of the items I got there, but it's kind of hard to take a good picture of a pair of insane harem pants and a huge skirt if you don't have a mannequin nor a very good spot in the house to take a self portrait picture of me IN them. Sigh.
But, I can describe them to you! The black (of course) harem pants that I got are nice and baggy and have these SUPER cool ruffle type things on the sides. The ruffles are fairly long, so they kind of make it look like I have fins floating on the sides of my legs. They look so pretty and fluttery when I am doing spins. I also picked up this really beautiful black and silver skirt. It's kind of see through, so I have to wear some kind of pants/skirt underneath them, but I don't have a problem with that. I love the layered look when it comes to dance. It just looks so cool to me!
I also got a cute little blue and white flowered shawl. It has fringe around the edges and is a triangle shaped. It is also missing somewhere in my house. I swear, there is a goblin that lives in my house and it likes to steal random stuff and hide them in the dumbest places. There have been several items that belong to either Husband or me that have just up and disappeared. Several deep cleanings of the house haven't made them appear. We don't have very many people to our place since it's so tiny, so we know that they weren't borrowed out or taken. Damn goblin. AHEM... Sorry. I can't forget to mention the beautiful head piece that I got there as well.... Wanna see it? OKAY!!
Sorry that it's not the BEST picture. I took it in my closet, and there isn't very much space to take great pictures. This piece is HUGE!! I think I need to put something on the peacock feather part since it is looking a bit... loved. I was thinking that a big cameo brooch might look really neat.
Maybe something like this?
http://www.etsy.com/listing/89533628/cameo-brooch-or-pendant-red-rose-on?ref=sr_gallery_2&sref=&ga_search_query=cameo+brooch&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_page=3&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_facet=handmade
Or this?
http://www.amazon.com/Beautiful-Cameo-Oval-Shape-Brooch/dp/B002XX52FU/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1327730157&sr=8-14
Or I could go another direction and maybe buy some kind of other jewelry and glue it on there too. Hmm.. I hope you folks don't mind if I just bounce a few ideas off of you...
What about something like this?
http://www.etsy.com/listing/91565157/large-wood-indian-pendant-charm-necklace?ref=sr_gallery_36&sref=&ga_search_submit=&ga_search_query=Indian+jewelry&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_facet=handmade
Or how about this one?
http://www.etsy.com/listing/75535551/medallion-mandala-blue-native-motives?ref=sr_gallery_4&sref=&ga_ref=auto&ga_search_query=tibet+jewelry&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_facet=handmade
One more...
Major kudos to any of those who know what this is from! It makes me pretty nerdy for wanting to put this on there though, if that's any kind of clue.
I probably wouldn't be able to afford to pay that much for that second to last one, but a girl can dream, right? Maybe I will go on a search soon to my local crafty stores and look around to see if I can't find something neat to put on it. Once I do, I will make sure to post a picture of it again!


Oh, one more thing before I end my post. It has been a VERY long week, and Husband decided to give me my Valentine's day present early to cheer me up. I am BEYOND excited to wear it! Why don't you take a look?
http://www.bluevelvetvintage.com/images/D/011-16.jpg
It's that EXACT dress!! He got it from this store:
http://www.bettiepageclothing.com/
Go and look. Trust me. If you are a girl, you will want just about EVERY SINGLE ITEM ON THAT WEBSITE. :) See why I am excited? This is my third dress from that store. My first one I wore to my wedding rehearsal, and I felt like the cutest girl ever in it.

See? That's me and my Mommy. Ain't she cute?! I love how happy we look here!
                                              (Photo taken by StudioMona)
I have a third dress that I bought for like 12 bucks too, but have never gotten a chance to wear it. It doesn't fit me at the moment, and needs to be shortened since I really CANNOT wear heels. But, I am aiming to fit back into it soon!
Well, that's all for now! I am really sorry about being so slow with my updates. I should really just set aside times a few days a week and post about whatever shennanigans I am getting myself into. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
Goodnight friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment