Monday, December 12, 2011

Hello Friends!

Hello to all you of you real and imaginary folks!
I have been reading blogs for the past year on varying subjects and have been completely addicted and fascinated by them. I figured it was probably about time I started my own. Who knows if anyone will actually wind up reading this or not. So, HELLO if you are! I have no clue what I am really going to write about, so it will probably wind up being super random posts.
This could get interesting.
Well, I supposed I could tell you something about myself. I am a twenty-five year old lady who loves to read, crochet, knit, belly dance, listen to music, singing random songs about the weirdest stuff, and hang out with my hubby and friends. Also, annoying my fluffy kitty is always a great joy of mine. Don’t worry, I never hurt the poor girl!
Anyways, back to the knitting and crocheting. I am pretty bad at it. I can’t do much beyond the most basic stitches, can’t for the life of me understand what it is they are wanting me to do with a pattern and get mad at YouTube videos. I try my best though. People seem to like what I can make, so that works for me.
I am not that great at belly dancing either. I have only been doing it a little over a year though, so I hope I can get better with that hobby the longer I do it! :D I am currently taking a level one class at the local dance conservatory and it’s taught by the creative director of the local belly dance troupe and the other.. person. I don’t remember exactly what she does, but I know she helps doing the choreography. ( That is a horrible sentence, I know, but so what?) It’s a lot of fun. Hard work and sometimes puts me in my uncomfortable zone. But, that doesn’t take much since I can get pretty awkward when I am caught of guard and people are looking at me. Which, I am sure, can be pretty hilarious at times. But anyways, we are currently learning a stick dance with one of our teachers. It’s quite the interesting dance! Learning it so far has proven to be quite hilarious at times, and almost dangerous at others. If you knew me, you would have an idea why. Let me tell you, it’s not easy to try to make your feet, hips, arms, chest, stomach, and fingers all do something different at the same time while holding onto a stick! Ahh… It makes me smile just thinking of how fun it is. Did I mention the spinning? There’s spinning too!
Oh yeah! I almost forgot about my obsession with cupcakes!! I make pretty damn good ones and I almost always make my own frosting too! Including a cotton candy buttercream that’s pretty much to die for. Yum. Here’s my first weird quirk for you. I love baking, but I am really not that into eating them. I’ll have maybe one or two of what I made, but usually give most of them away. Goofy, huh?
Oh dang. I also have another obsession. My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. Gaaaahhhhhhhgggg. I just love me some ponies. I can never really decide which one is my absolute favorite. Maybe Pinkie Pie? Fluttershy? No. Rainbow Dash…. They’re all so danged adorzable!!! Can’t forget about Spike either. Who doesn’t love a baby dragon?!
That’s the thing friends. You will find that I am probably one of the quirkiest (most quirky?), most neurotic people you will ever meet. Sure, they’re mostly quirks that a lot of people have, but not that many people have ALL of them together. Right? Maybe? Hmm.. I guess we will see if anyone actually reads this! :D
Well, hopefully I can actually stick with this whole blogging thing!
Adios!!
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment