Monday, December 19, 2011

My few weeks of happy insanity!

Oofta friends!

  The next couple of weeks are going to be just nuts. So, I apologize in advance for not posting until after the holiday season. (Maybe anyways) I am not complaining about the fact that I am going to be super busy. In fact, I am actually pretty excited about it! Tomorrow I work my morning job and in the evening I am hanging out with one of my besties, Lady S. :) Yay for getting together with someone awesome and wrapping presents together!! Wednesday I believe we'll be finishing up our shopping for Husband's WI parental units (his dad and step-mom) and I have dance class but after that it's going to be our Christmas party with a secret Santa gift swap! At a bar! At a fancy bar! It should be tons of fun!! Yay for more fun! Thursday and Friday I work my second job. Saturday I have my Mom's Christmas, Sunday we have Husband's mom's Christmas. Monday morning we will be leaving to visit the WI parental units. Then Husband will be playing a show with his super awesome band on New Year's Eve!
Sigh. I love this time of year. It's always insane, but I have always LOVED Christmas! I can understand why people hate it, but sometimes it really makes me wonder WHY they hate it. Is it the insane amount of crabby shoppers who fill all the stores and have appear to have no sense of personal boundaries? I get that. Have you guys seen the Walgreen's commercial? The one that shows a super busy store and flashes back to Walgreen's and how quiet it is? Well, there is this one guy who is starting to get upset in the super busy store and his Mom says something to him and he says "But everyone is BUMPING ME!"It makes me laugh because I get REALLY REALLY MAD when that keeps happening to me. There's usually a good string of curses that come flowing out of my mouth and God help the next person who gets in my damn bubble. I am ashamed to admit that one time when I was super dee duper grumpy because of exhaustion and hunger that I actually GROWLED at someone. It wasn't like the crazy person who thinks they are an animal kind of growl, but maybe more of a snarl. Whoops. Is it just me, or am I the only one who gets irritated about the constant being bumped into or forced to move by complete strangers?
Ooops. Sorry, I rambled again. Anyways, as I was saying, the extra shoppers is a good reason to not like this time of year. However, what really makes me flabbergasted are the people who just state on facebook that they just HATE this time of year. I always want to ask them why. I understand, families are hard to deal with, money is tight, yada yada yada... Husband and I were talking about this a few weeks ago, and he asked me why I love this time of this year so much. It's hard to really explain it, but I always get this feeling on Christmas eve or Christmas day. It's a peaceful feeling that I am loved and most of the people I love are there around me. The emotions in the air are different, there are smells of pine and cinnamon, people are laughing together, there's pretty lights everywhere. I love being outside with a friend or Husband in the cold weather and looking at a gorgeous front yard that someone put hard work into making it look pretty for others to look at in the dark. It makes me feel like I am in this amazing snow globe and that life is wonderful. It makes me so grateful for everything that I have. I make hardly any money, (Not even kidding here, I got my paycheck today and it was 55 bucks), I can't pay most of my bills, and life can be pretty hard. However, I can look just around my house and be thankful for several things. I have Husband who will love me until the end of the world and keeps me grounded and happy. A family who even if we drive each other nuts, we will go to the ends of the Earth for each other. Friends who can make me laugh at the times I most need a good chuckle. A home that is filled to the brim with crap, is really small for us, our stuff, and the cat, but it's home. Also, I have my little furbaby, Suki, who loves me.
Yes, I know that not everyone has these things. That's why I am thankful for them. People honestly need to quit bitching about Christmas like it's out to personally ruin their lives. I am not in any sense a very religious person, so don't expect me to start preaching to you readers. However, I think people need to take a step aside and just forget about all their bull crap and just be HAPPY for what they have, no matter how little it is and stop blaming a time of year for their own misery. I personally think that if a person is really that danged miserable, they have a thing or two in their lives that they need to change. Or at least FIND something to be happy about. Stop worrying about having to spend what little money you have on gifts for people you may or may not want to spend money on. Look at how much my paycheck was! I am beyond the poverty line, and I STILL love this time of year. Granted, I have someone who can help me pay the bills, but so freaking what. If you don't have anyone to spend time with on Christmas, or can't afford to go all the way home, make your own tradition! I don't know exactly what, but you know yourself better than I do, figure it out! After all, you can wait for someone to bring you happiness or you can go after it yourself. Make shit happen. It won't be easy, but nothing awesome ever is! Look at all the work people put into writing books, making movies, or video games.
My goodness.. Sorry for that little rant there, friends. I really should probably all the grinch-y people out there and just be happy. It'd probably make things easier than attempting to Cindy-Lou Who them all, huh?
Well, I had better get my butt to bed, early mornings can be so annoying.
Sweet dreams friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment